MUSCATINE, Iowa — Nursing students from Scott and Clinton community colleges will present a wellness program from 7-8 p.m. Wednesday at Muscatine Center for Social Action, 312 Iowa Ave. The program, which is free and open to the public, will address nutrition, exercise and sleep.
The nursing students also will offer free blood pressure and blood sugar checks and depression screenings from 4-6 p.m. Wednesday at the Jesus Mission, 509 Mulberry Ave.
In addition to Wednesday’s program, the students will also offer the following free programs from 7-8 p.m. at MCSA on:
- Nov. 7 — Stress management and stress reduction.
- Nov. 13 — Diabetes and its relationship to psychotropic medications.
- Nov. 14 — How to be assertive without being aggressive.
- Nov. 21 — Depression.
- Nov. 27 — Anxiety.
- Nov. 28 — Suicide prevention.
- Dec. 4 — Substance abuse
- Dec. 5 — Domestic violence.
The blood pressure and other screenings will be done from 4-6 p.m. at the Jesus Mission on the days of each of the programs.